Retail and Stock Manager
- Are you action-oriented? Hands-on?
- Operationally focused and thrive in a fast-paced environment?
- Looking for an opportunity for advancement?
About the Company:
WHSmith is a historic, international retailer that operates stores in an array of fast-paced, dynamic environments including airports, train stations, hospitals, universities, and shopping centres.
We are a retailer focusing on news, books and convenience, and are a renowned, competitive leader in the travel market worldwide.
Scope of Position:
We are currently recruiting for a Retail and Stock Manager to reporting the Area Manager, leading the stock function at Melbourne Airport. This role is accountable for the stock life cycle within the Airport; including goods receiving, stock-flow to stores, the leadership of the administration processes; proactive stock loss processes, as well as leading a team within Melbourne Airport.
The successful applicant will be driven; have strong leadership skills, a developed sense of initiative, and the ability to make decisions. They will be determined, hardworking, diligent, and have excellent communication skills. This is an extremely hands-on role with day to day activities ranging from stock deliveries to stores to site operations management.
As the Retail and Stock Manager, you will be responsible for maintaining the stock file with high levels of accuracy in all incoming and outgoing deliveries. You will be responsible for stock and processes relating to inventory for the WHSmith stores with Melbourne Airport.
As part of the leadership team, you will support the day to day management of the operation in the absence of the Area Manager.
Role and Responsibilities:
- You will be an expert on both front and back of house retail operations
- Responsible for training and developing the team
- Leading the team to receive and deliver stock efficiently
- Moving stock to stores as required
- Accountable for delivery of Stock KPIs
- Completing weekly cycle counts on high-cost products
- Ensure magazine and book returns are completed compliantly promptly and that credits are verified
- Merchandising and stock rotation to ensure standards are met
- Manage Stock File integrity to ensure availability of stock and to minimise loss
- Performing the role of Duty Manager at times
Skills & Experience:
- Experience in a fast-paced retail or warehouse environment.
- Experience managing small or medium-sized teams
- The ability to meet the needs of multiple stakeholders
- Leadership, training skills, and mentoring abilities.
- The desire to build a career in Retail Management.
- Knowledge of busy retail operations with high stock turnover.
- Experience managing stock and labour costs.
- The ability to achieve targets and KPIs.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility with work hours and including weekends/public holidays when required.
The benefits include a competitive remuneration package whilst joining a highly sought after company. Career progression opportunities available.
Please apply now with your CV and cover letter outlining your salary expectations.