- Work with an organisation committed to social justice
- Wintringham promotes ongoing training and professional excellence
- Competitive remuneration: $27.87 - $28.49 p/hr + 25% casual loading
- Access to NFP Salary Packaging
- Generous kilometre reimbursement
- Based in Port Melbourne (VIC)
Who are we?
Wintringham is a Not for Profit organisation which provides aged care services to those who are financially disadvantaged, have previously been homeless or are at risk of becoming homeless. Our Port Melbourne Hostel offers affordable, high quality accommodation and care to 35 men and women aged 50 years and over. We provide a safe, flexible and caring family-style environment, which allows residents to maintain their chosen lifestyles, habits and activities and to be as independent as they choose to be.
Wintringham is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Recreation Officer to join our tight-knit friendly team at our Port Melbourne Hostel. Reporting to the Recreation Coordinator, you will assist to continually develop and facilitate individual recreational pursuits designed to meet the lifestyle and leisure needs of our NDIS clients at our Port Melbourne Hostel. Applicants seeking additional work are able to also work within our Community Care programs in the surrounding suburbs.
Your responsibilities and duties will include:
- Ensuring residents’ individual recreation interests are established and facilitated.
- Encouraging residents to maintain their community associations and contacts.
- Promoting recreational opportunities available within the broader community.
- Facilitating residents’ access to programs that will assist the maintenance of their independence.
- Facilitating residents’ access to venues, events and recreational opportunities.
- Assisting in the maintenance of accurate and relevant documentation is up to date and meets ACFI requirements.
- Duties as directed by the Recreation Program Manager from time to time
What’s in it for you?
We are committed to offering an enjoyable, safe and flexible workplace that provides a work-life balance. When you are working with Wintringham, you will have access to the following benefits:
- Flexible working hours: Whatever your circumstances are, we have an array of morning, afternoon and early evening shifts that are available to you.
- Access to exclusive not-for-profit salary packaging: salary package your personal expenses up to the amount of $15,900.
- Kilometre reimbursement: You will need your own car in this role and we will ask you to travel, however, we reimburse you for work related travel!
- Continuous development: we believe in giving our staff the skills they need and will keep you up to date with yearly qualifications such as behaviour management, first aid, CPR and manual handling. We offer many growth opportunities and have a strong internal recruitment program.
- Still need more work?: The opportunities are endless, with shifts in our Community Care programs on offer also.
We are looking for candidates with the following:
- Degree level qualification or Certificate IV in Leisure & Lifestyle (preferred) or equivalent
- Current drivers licence
- Own reliable vehicle that is suitable for transporting clients and work purposes
- Familiar with and comfortable to travel around the Inner Melbourne region
- Prior experience in Aged or Community Care is desirable
- Current First Aid Certificate 2
How to apply
For more information about the role, you can download a copy of the Position Description by clicking the ‘PD’ link here. Applications can be directed to Mark Lorenzi (HR Officer) and submitted by filling out the required information below.
Applications close 5:00pm Monday 6th July 2020
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a Police Records check & Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme (DWES) check. Refusal to consent to Wintringham providing your information to the DWES unit will prevent us from being able to continue with your application.
Applicants who have lived in a country other than Australia for a period longer than 12 months in the last 10 years may be required to undergo an International Police Check.
Applicants must have already undertaken a flu vaccination within the 2020 calendar year in order to be considered for this role.
“Wintringham is an Equal Opportunity employer and embraces differences in gender, diversity, ethnicity, race cultural background, ability, religion and sexual orientation. We are committed to the safety of our older persons and have zero tolerance for elder abuse.
We acknowledge the first peoples of Australia and their unique role in our history and society and encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply for advertised positions. We recognise the benefits that diversity and inclusion contribute to help Wintringham achieve our goals and vision of ending homelessness.”