Property, Assets and Maintenance Assistant
Employment Type: Full Time
Employment Category: Permanent
Remuneration: $ 55,566.00 - $ 63,763.26 per annum + super + salary sacrifice
About the Opportunity
The Property, Assets and Maintenance Assistant reports to and is directly accountable to the Operations Manager under the supervision of the Senior Property, Assets and Maintenance Officer. This position is responsible for providing assistance to the Senior Property, Assets and Maintenance Officer in maintaining all Puntukurnu Aboriginal Medical Service (PAMS) assets and undertaking maintenance of all PAMS housing and clinics in Newman, Jigalong, Parnngurr, Punmu and Kunawarritji.
To be considered for this position, you must have:
- Strong Microsoft office experience;
- Experience in property and asset management of goods and services, including procurement of assets;
- High attention to detail and accuracy;
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills – able to communicate and negotiate with clients and external visitors, and staff at all levels and present a professional image;
- Demonstrated ability to uphold the principles of cultural safety including an ability to communicate effectively and sensitively with Aboriginal people;
- Demonstrated organisational and time management skills along with an ability to adapt to changing needs and problem solve;
- Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team, as well as independently when required;
- Understanding of health and safety requirements related to long distance driving; and
- Willingness to travel independently to remote communities via unsealed roads;
The position involves working with a multicultural organisation where the majority of staff, clients and stakeholders identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander. Candidates must be able to demonstrate an understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and their ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
As per section 51 of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 (WA) PAMS actively seeks to increase the diversity of our workforce to better meet the differing needs of our clients and stakeholders and to improve equal opportunity outcomes for our employees. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note: In addition to the above skills and experience, the successful candidate will require an unrestricted WA “C” Class Driver’s Licence, and be required to submit a National Police Clearance (dated within 3 months) and Working With Children Check (where applicable) prior to appointment, in order to be eligible for the position.
Applicants for this position must be legally entitled to work in Australia and will be required to provide evidence of this entitlement. Acceptable evidence includes an Australian or New Zealand passport, birth certificate, or foreign passport with relevant visa.
About the Benefits
While you will face diverse new challenges in the role, you will also enjoy an attractive remuneration package including a base salary of $ 55,566.00 to $ 63,763.26 per annum plus superannuation. You'll also gain access to generous salary packaging options, which will greatly increase your take home pay. In addition, you will have access to a number of fantastic benefits including:
- Flexible working arrangements
- 5 weeks’ annual leave + 17.5% leave loading
- Power subsidy in accordance with the PAMS Employee Remuneration Policy
- Support to further invest in your career through additional training + study leave options
- Employee Assistance Program
- Retention Initiatives in accordance with the PAMS Employee Remuneration Policy
This position offers the opportunity to work closely with remote Aboriginal communities and make a drastic impact to the health and well-being outcomes of these communities.
PAMS operates four remote sites, three of which have a team of one nurse and a range of ancillary workers. Although the successful candidates will have a substantive location (Newman) they must be prepared from time to time to work across any one of these sites should they be required.
PAMS operates in some of the most remote parts of Australia and staff are required to be proficient at driving a 4WD vehicle and willing to fly in light aircraft.
About the Organisation
With an administrative hub based in Newman, in the Pilbara region of Western Australia, The Puntukurnu Aboriginal Medical Service (PAMS) provides holistic primary health care to the individuals and families within the remote communities of Jigalong, Parnngurr, Punmu and Kunawarritji.
PAMS has over 700 registered clients, with most being Martu. Services offered include health education and promotion programs and initiatives, as well as the monitoring and management of ongoing health issues such as diabetes, hypertension, ante-natal & post-natal care and child health.
Please note there is no closing date for this advertisement. Applications will be assessed as received and interviews scheduled accordingly. PAMS reserves the right to withdraw this advertisement without further notice, therefore we encourage interested candidates to submit their application without delay.
For further information about this position please call Aakriti Yadav (HR Advisor) on (08) 9177 8307.
Please fill out you Personal Details below.