Executive Support Officer
- Are you an experienced Executive Support professional, looking for a varied role in a not-for-profit, community-based organisation?
- Play a key role in providing quality administrative support to the Executive Team.
- Attractive remuneration circa $75,000 - $85,000 plus super and salary packaging!
About the Organisation
Northside Community Service is a not-for-profit, community-based organisation. We’ve been supporting our community in North Canberra – and beyond – since 1976. We’re a progressive and modern community organisation that embraces diversity, social justice and advocacy for those in our community whose voices are often unheard.
Northside supports young children through our high-quality early education services, children and young people through our youth programs and family support services, older citizens through our aged care services and support programs, and the wider community through our housing, community development, outreach and volunteer programs.
About the Role
Northside now has a fantastic opportunity for an Executive Support Officer to join their team in Canberra on a full-time basis.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, you will be providing high-level administrative support to the Executive Leadership Team and Board of Directors.
Your responsibilities and duties will include (but not be limited to):
- Provide high-level administrative support to the Executive Leadership Team including interacting daily to identify priorities and tasks.
- Deal professionally with highly sensitive and confidential issues that arise.
- Support and co-ordinate Executive Leadership Team input for developing agendas, proofreading, collating and preparing papers, reports, taking minutes of meetings and maintaining meeting records and registers.
- Preparation of reports/papers and assistance with scheduling of meetings, attendance at meetings and minute taking (where appropriate) for the Executive Leadership Team and the Board of Directors.
- Support the Executive Leadership Team in stakeholder management by developing and maintaining effective networks and relationships.
To be considered for this position you will hold a tertiary qualification in Business Administration or similar field and two years relevant experience, or significant experience in an Executive Support or Secretariat roles.
A confident and effective communicator, you will have well-developed written and verbal communication skills with the ability to liaise and negotiate with Executive team and Northside staff, as well as external stakeholders and consultants as required.
Highly organised with a strong client focus, you will have demonstrated experience in planning, designing and management of activities and ability to deal effectively with competing deadlines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
Although not essential, any experience in a not-for-profit environment or with a community/children's service related organisation would be highly regarded.
About the Benefits
This is a unique opportunity to bring your Executive Support skills to a passionate not-for-profit organisation that's improving the lives of people across North Canberra.
Northside is offering an attractive base salary circa $75,000 - $85,000 plus super, negotiable based on your skills and experience.
You would also benefit from salary packaging options and highly flexible work arrangements, to suit your needs. Car parking is also available on-site.
Employement with Northside
Northside Community Service is a child-safe organisation. The recruitment process will include questions related to previous workplace performance and understanding of child safety requirements, including Mandatory Reporting requirements and Northside’s obligations under the ACT’s Reportable Conduct Scheme. Successful candidates will be required to undergo screening (Working with Vulnerable People Card and National Police Check) to ensure their suitability to work in child-safe environments.
Northside takes a strong approach to the safety of our team, and those we work with. During the recruitment process, you will be informed about Northside’s approach to safety and asked about your own understanding of managing risk and safety. Successful candidates will be given a thorough induction that will include information and guidance on Northside’s approaches to safety.
Northside Community Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with a disability, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse communities and LGBTIQA communities.
A copy of the Position Description is attached here.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop new skills & advance your career with an organisation that champions diversity, choice & innovation. Make a positive difference - Apply Now!
Confidential enquiries may be made by contacting Carrie Chappell, Chief Financial Officer on 02 6171 8000 or emailing [email protected]
Applications close at 11:30 pm (AEST) on Sunday the 31st of January 2021