Finance Support and Systems Officer
Full Time Permanent Position
Salary Range $84,067 - $91,546 pa + 9.5% Super + RDO
About Melton City Council
The City of Melton is a place where everyone belongs. Our community is vibrant and diverse and one of the fastest developing in Australia. Our organisation strives to provide our community with state of the art, excellent amenity, health and wellbeing and to support our community to be a lifelong learning city. We invest in innovation and our people’s professional and personal development. We offer generous leave and flexibility that best suits your lifestyle and a collaborative and inclusive culture. You’ll be able to work close to home and have new cafes and shops opening every day amongst the heritage buildings and open green spaces of one of Melbourne’s fastest growing municipalities.
An exciting opportunity has come about within our Finance team for a Finance Support and Systems Officer, who will be responsible for providing specialist systems and finance support, advice and training on various accounting and reporting systems. The person will also actively engage with business units to improve user experience and contribute to improvements that enhance the functionality of systems.
- Provide specialist support and advice to business units relating to finance systems including business information systems.
- Actively engage as a business partner with business unit managers and staff to ensure all software modules are well supported an effective and user friendly experience.
- Initiate and implement process improvements
- Resolve problems using previous knowledge of systems and finance systems.
- Schedule work tasks to meet set deadlines.
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
- Demonstrated ability to influence and negotiate with senior staff to achieve business objectives.
- Recognised appropriate tertiary qualification with membership of professional accounting body, preferably CPA or CA status or progress toward same is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated extensive experience in all facets of accounting.
- Sound knowledge of budgetary and management accounting systems.
- Solid understanding and experience in applying the concepts of information technology and finance
Culture and Values
Our vision for our community is to be: “a thriving community where everyone belongs” and that means there’s a place here for you too. Our organisational values represent us as an established growth Council and the values are reflected in everything we do; our decision-making, our actions and our service provision to the community. Council has a diverse and vibrant organisation and we’d love to have you join us to help shape a city for the future.
We are Vibrant Melton. Our values are:
There are a number of great reasons why our people love working at Melton City Council:
- 19 Day Month
- Flexible Working Hours
- Extensive Career Development & Leadership Programs
- 16 weeks Paid Parental Leave
- 3 weeks Paid Secondary Carer Leave
- Family Room available including Breastfeeding Facilities (Breastfeeding Friendly Workplace accredited)
- Wellbeing initiatives
- Social Club Activities
- Subsidised Uniforms
To read more about our benefits visit https://meltoncity-staff-benefits.applynow.net.au/.
How To Apply
For further information about the position, please contact Sam Rumoro on 9747 7237
Apply by filling out the application and addressing the key selection criteria below.
To view the Position Description, click here.
Applications close 5.00pm Friday 5 February 2021
To be eligible for employment at Melton City Council you must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident of Australia or be legally entitled to work in Australia.
At Melton City Council we care for our people, we're committed to the professional growth of our employees and support balance and flexibility. If you want to work with talented, passionate people and build a thriving and vibrant community, we encourage you to apply. We strongly encourage job applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, LGBTIQ and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.