Youth Project Officer - Reconnect
Full Time Fixed Term Position until 19 November 2021
Salary Range $69,542 - $80,079 pa + 9.5% Super + RDO
About Melton City Council
The City of Melton is a place where everyone belongs. Our community is vibrant and diverse and one of the fastest developing in Australia. Our organisation strives to provide our community with state of the art, excellent amenity, health and wellbeing and to support our community to be a lifelong learning city. We invest in innovation and our people’s professional and personal development. We offer generous leave and flexibility that best suits your lifestyle and a collaborative and inclusive culture. You’ll be able to work close to home and have new cafes and shops opening every day amongst the heritage buildings and open green spaces of one of Melbourne’s fastest growing municipalities.
The Young Communities team are currently seeking a Youth Project Officer to deliver the Reconnect Program, funded through the Department of Social Services. The Youth Project Officer is responsible for delivering the Reconnect Funded Project. This includes improving the level of engagement of homeless young people, or those at risk of homelessness, in family, work, education, training and in the community. The Youth Project Officer is also responsible for the development, provision and evaluation of a range of programs and events targeted at young people aged 12 to 25 years in response to identified needs across the municipality.
- Oversee the implementation of the Reconnect funded program, to engage and work with young people that may require further assistance and support. This includes receiving referrals and undertake assessments of young people (12 to 25 years of age)
- Provide short to medium term early intervention strategies, through casework, for young people at risk and prepare and maintain individual support plans to increase protective factors
- Develop and implement strategies that support the ongoing involvement and participation of young people in the planning and management of youth programs
- Develop and maintain positive links and working relationships with local community agencies and organisations in the delivery of youth services
- Contribute and work effectively within a team environment including, actively contributing to team planning, development activities and issue/task oriented working groups
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Work, Youth Work, Welfare, Community Development or a related discipline with come experience
- Experience in working with young people at – risk within a case management framework
- Experience working with young people at –risk or vulnerable
- Current Victorian Driver’s licence
- Current Working with Children’s Check
Culture and Values
Our vision for our community is to be: “a thriving community where everyone belongs” and that means there’s a place here for you too. Our organisational values represent us as an established growth Council and the values are reflected in everything we do; our decision-making, our actions and our service provision to the community. Council has a diverse and vibrant organisation and we’d love to have you join us to help shape a city for the future.
We are Vibrant Melton. Our values are:
There are a number of great reasons why our people love working at Melton City Council:
- 19 Day Month
- Flexible Working Hours
- Extensive Career Development & Leadership Programs
- Family Room available including Breastfeeding Facilities (Breastfeeding Friendly Workplace accredited)
- Wellbeing initiatives
- Social Club Activities
- Subsidised Uniforms
To read more about our benefits visit https://meltoncity-staff-benefits.applynow.net.au/.
How To Apply
For further information about the position, please contact Kristie Lawson, Coordinator Young Communities on 0407 337 124.
Apply by filling out the application and addressing the key selection criteria below.
To view the Position Description, click here.
Applications close 5.00pm Friday 29 January 2021.
To be eligible for employment at Melton City Council you must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident of Australia or be legally entitled to work in Australia.
At Melton City Council we care for our people, we're committed to the professional growth of our employees and support balance and flexibility. If you want to work with talented, passionate people and build a thriving and vibrant community, we encourage you to apply. We strongly encourage job applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, LGBTIQ and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.