Housing & Homelessness Support Manager
- Work with an organisation committed to social justice
- Exciting opportunity within a dynamic and growing Not-For-Profit organisation
- Access to NFP Salary Packaging
- $117,300K pa + super
- Fully maintained Wintringham vehicle or generous motor vehicle allowance
- Wintringham promotes ongoing training and professional excellence
- Full Time (38 hours per week)
Who are we?
Wintringham is a specialist not-for-profit organisation providing an extensive range of aged care, housing and related support services to men and women aged 50-plus who have been homeless or at risk of homelessness. We employ over 730 staff and operate from multiple offices across Melbourne and regional Victoria. Our Head Office provides the strategic direction and support services for Wintringham’s residential, housing and community care services.
Your new role
Due to organisation growth, an opportunity exists for a dynamic leader with experience in Housing and Homelessness Support to lead the delivery of quality Housing and Homelessness Services.
Reporting to General Manager – Housing & Homelessness Support, you will be ensuring effective and efficient management of the Housing and Homelessness service delivery function in accordance with contractual and legislative requirements
In this dynamic and multifaceted role, you will be overseeing the operations for the support services provided within Wintringham’s Housing & Homelessness Support Portfolio as well as identifying opportunities to enhance services through practice development, service development, networking and partnerships.
Your duties and responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Managing performance of the Housing and Homelessness Support Services team through coaching, supervision, debriefing, regular informal and formal performance feedback and reviews, and professional development support
- Assisting with the development of budgets in conjunction with the General Manager – Housing and Homelessness Support and ensuring programs operate within the allocated budget.
- Building positive relationships with other agencies to ensure clients can access services to meet their needs
- Maintaining expertise in the field of housing and homelessness support, representing the organisation in relevant forums and contributing to organisation wide initiatives
- Ensuring the team is aware of and complies with organisational policies and procedures
You are a proven leader with a track record of success in the leadership of homelessness services, delivering operational results, building amazing cultures and achieving budget targets. Your skills will be supported by possessing the following:
- Qualification in Social Work, Welfare, Community Services or equivalent
- Management experience in social and community services programs including homelessness support
- Demonstrated ability to engender wellbeing, synergy and a spirit of collaboration across teams
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage change and innovation in service provision
- Knowledge of Commonwealth and State Government policies, standards and compliance requirements
- Demonstrated skills in financial management, including monitoring and reporting of variances.
How to apply
For more information about this exciting role, please contact Dee Healey (General Manager – Housing & Homelessness Support) at (03) 9376 1122
A copy of the Position Description can be accessed here.
Applications can be directed to Dee Healey (General Manager – Housing & Homelessness Support) and submitted by filling out the required information below.
Please submit a Cover Letter incorporating a response to the Key Selection Criteria to accompany your CV.
Applications close at 5:00pm Monday 15th June 2020
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a Police Records check & Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme (DWES) check. Refusal to consent to Wintringham providing your information to the DWES unit will prevent us from being able to continue with your application.
Applicants who have lived in a country other than Australia for a period longer than 12 months in the last 10 years may be required to undergo an International Police Check.
Applicants must have already undertaken a flu vaccination within the 2020 calendar year in order to be considered for this role.
“Wintringham is an Equal Opportunity employer and embraces differences in gender, diversity, ethnicity, race cultural background, ability, religion and sexual orientation. We are committed to the safety of our older persons and have zero tolerance for elder abuse.
We acknowledge the first peoples of Australia and their unique role in our history and society and encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply for advertised positions. We recognise the benefits that diversity and inclusion contribute to help Wintringham achieve our goals and vision of ending homelessness.”