Paint Sales Assistant - Mitchell
Haymes Paint is proudly the largest Australian owned Paint Manufacturer. As a founding principal of Henry Haymes in 1935, the Haymes family continues the tradition of Quality and Integrity in the manufacture of our products and providing service to our customers. This is confirmed, as voted by our customers, our products and customer service have achieved the top five-star rating and been awarded the Canstar Blue Most Satisfied Customers Award for the last two consecutive years.
We are currently looking for an experienced Sales Assistant become a member of the team at the Haymes Paint Shop Mitchell. This is a full time position providing a high level of customer service to our retail and trade customers. The store operates on a 6 day roster Monday to Saturday, there is a requirement to be available to work some weekend shifts.
The core responsibilities of the role includes:
- Greeting our customers and assisting them with product selection
- Tinting paint products to customer requirements
- Providing service and support to our retail customers
- Building strong relationships with trade customers in store
- Advising customers in store and by phone on Haymes Paint products and accessories
- Making local deliveries to trade customers as need using the company vehicle
- Assisting with in-store displays, store presentation and house keeping
- Assistance in maintaining stock control
As part of your introduction to Haymes Paint Shop Mitchell you will be provided with training to develop you knowledge of our product range.
To be successful in this role you should be able to demonstrate:
- Effective time management and planning
- A practical understanding of paint, preparation and application
- Some previous experience working in a retail/sales role
- The ability to follow instruction and work effectively unsupervised
- A genuine desire to deliver a high level of service to our customers
You will also need to have a positive, friendly attitude, be able to work both autonomously and in a team environment, have a driver's licence and the capacity to perform manual tasks associated with the role e.g. lifting of 15 litre cans of paint.
Most importantly, you will love working with people and engaging with customers.
If you believe you meet these criteria and would value the opportunity to be a member of the team we encourage you to apply