ACCEPTING INTERNAL APPLICATIONS ONLY
- Work with an organisation committed to social justice
- Competitive pay rates
- Access to exclusive NFP Salary Packaging
- Opportunity to pick up additional work at our other sites/offices
- Part Time ( 22.5 hours p/week)
- Based in Coburg (VIC)
Who are we?
Wintringham provides aged care services to those who are financially disadvantaged and have previously been homeless or are at risk of becoming homeless. Our Gilgunya Hostel, located in Coburg, offers affordable, high quality accommodation and care to 51 men and women aged 50 years and over. We provide a safe, flexible and caring family-style environment, which allows residents to maintain their chosen lifestyles, habits and activities and to be as independent as they choose to be.
Your new role
We are currently seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Administration Assistant to join our residential team at our Gilgunya facility on a part time basis.
The available shifts are:
Week 1 & 2: Monday, Tuesday and Friday (0800-1600)
Your responsibilities and duties will include:
- Managing the tasks of reception at the hostel including answering telephone calls and taking messages or redirecting calls, liaising with residents, hostel visitors and other service providers.
- Allocating and finalising site rostering of staff
- Entering and confirming staff hours into PayGlobal for fortnightly pays
- Updating and maintaining the hostel’s resident database
- Processing of invoices to the Accounts Payable module for external services and Wintringham.
- Taking responsibility for reconciling petty cash
- Other duties as directed by the Site Manager
Wintringham’ s response to COVID-19
Resident and staff safety is paramount to us at Wintringham. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, we have and will continue to ensure that our staff are supplied with the resources they need to guarantee they are working in a safe and risk-averse environment. If you gain employment with Wintringham, you will be provided with all necessary personal protective equipment in accordance with the advice from the Department of Health & Chief Health Officer throughout your working day. We have strict social distancing restrictions and cleaning regimens in place at our residential sites to ensure that thorough infection control is maintained at all times.
What’s in it for you?
We are committed to offering an enjoyable, safe and flexible workplace that provides a work-life balance. When you are working with Wintringham, you will have access to the following benefits:
- Access to exclusive not-for-profit salary packaging: salary package your personal expenses up to the amount of $15,900.
- Continuous development: we believe in giving our staff the skills they need and will keep you up to date with yearly qualifications such as behaviour management, first aid, CPR and manual handling. We offer many growth opportunities and have a strong internal recruitment program.
What we will need from you:
- Excellent administration skills
- An understanding of Aged Care processes
- The ability to prioritise tasks
- General IT skills and good knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Excellent communication skills
- A non-judgmental approach with the ability to work with people from varying socio-economic backgrounds
- A caring approach
- An understanding of the special needs of older people
How to apply:
For more information about the role, you can download a copy of the Position Description by clicking the link 'here'.
Applications can be directed to Mark Lorenzi (HR Officer) and submitted by filling out the information below. Please upload your CV and Cover Letter in PDF format.
Applications close at 5:00pm on Monday 21st September 2020
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a Police Records check & Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme (DWES) check. Refusal to consent to Wintringham providing your information to the DWES unit will prevent us from being able to continue with your application.
Applicants who have lived in a country other than Australia for a period longer than 12 months in the last 10 years may be required to undergo an International Police Check.
Applicants must have already undertaken a flu vaccination within the 2020 calendar year in order to be considered for this role.
Wintringham is an Equal Opportunity employer and embraces differences in gender, diversity, ethnicity, race cultural background, ability, religion and sexual orientation. We are committed to the safety of our older persons and have zero tolerance for elder abuse.
We acknowledge the first peoples of Australia and their unique role in our history and society and encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply for advertised positions. We recognise the benefits that diversity and inclusion contribute to help Wintringham achieve our goals and vision of ending homelessness.