Marist College Ashgrove is a Catholic day and boarding school for boys in Years 5-12, situated in Brisbane's inner Northern suburbs. Inspired by the work of St Marcellin Champagnat, we pride ourselves on delivering excellent academic and career pathway results for our inclusive community of students.
The College has a vacancy for a Boarding Supervisor for the remainder of 2020, and also starting in January 2021 for the full year.
During 2020, in return for accommodation and meals, Boarding Supervisors are responsible for 13 hours of duty in the residences during College terms. (Supervisors are not normally remunerated beyond accommodation and meals.) This position attracts reportable FBT of $17993 (based on a full FBT year from 1/4/2020 – 31/3/2020). This method of payment is changing for 2021 and beyond - the details are still being confirmed.
The 13 hours of duty may include duties such as morning wake-up and early morning supervision in the Residence before and after breakfast and afternoon supervision between the hours of 3.10pm and dinner, and evening shifts.
In addition, all Boarding Supervisors are expected to:
- be on the premises during their time of rostered duty;
- abide by the rules and regulations of the Residence;
- contact the Boarding Coordinator if special permissions for any boarding student are required;
- be the first point of contact for a boarding student during times of rostered duty;
- contact the Boarding Coordinator if required;
- attend full boarding school meetings at the beginning of each term;
- attend year level group meetings (for staff and students) when required;
- make out of school hours phone calls to parents when required;
- help with the regular prayer program for the boys in their Residence.
Applicants must hold a current Blue Card issued by the Queensland Government and undergo a National Police Check prior to commencement. The College is a non-smoking workplace.
How to Apply - please apply via the College Website
Once you have clicked the Apply button on our website or the Apply For This Job button on Seek, please continue to scroll down on this page to complete your application. Applications Received via email will not be accepted.
Your application needs to include the following:
- Cover letter outlining why you are applying for the position;
- Resume including two referees;
- A completed application form which is available from the College website and via the link below
The Recruitment Process
If your application is accepted for the next stage, you will be invited to attend an interview.
The College reserves the right to interview and employ a successful candidate at their discretion. The advertisement will be removed once an appointment has been made.
All applicants will receive an email confirmation of the receipt of their application.
Marist College Ashgrove is a non-smoking workplace.
Applications close Wednesday 4 November 2020 at 12.00 pm midday.
Download the MCA Application form here.
Download the Position Description here.
Enquiries only (please do not email your application) should be addressed to:
Head of Staff Services
Marist College Ashgrove
Ph 3858 4643 or 3011 1308
Please note that applications from agencies will not be considered at this time.