Maintenance Officer - Part Time
About the business
Australian Regional and Remote Community Services (ARRCS) is a not-for-profit aged care and community service provider that was established in July 2014 to operate residential care facilities and community care programs in the Northern Territory. The services were previously managed by Frontier Services.
ARRCS is a service group of Uniting Care Queensland – the health and community service provider of the Uniting Church, and is supported by Blue Care – also part of Uniting Care Queensland and one of Australia's leading residential and community aged care providers in Australia.
You are a self-starting and driven individual who loves working collaboratively as part of a team, however, you are also capable of working on your own. You display a professional, positive, proactive attitude and willingness to invest extra effort when required. You have a high level of interpersonal skills which allows you to liaise and engage with a diverse range of stakeholders.
With your highly developed customer focus and excellent service skills you resolve maintenance issues as they arise. You have proven knowledge and physical capacity to use and maintain equipment as required by the role. The safety and comfort of our residents must always be at the forefront of your mind. You are respectful and have a welcoming, caring and compassionate nature.
About the role
You will be a dedicated, experienced and organised Maintenance Officer looking for a new challenge. Reporting daily to the Service Manager, you will be responsible for preventative and corrective maintenance duties across our Residential Aged Care facility. You will be required to develop a thorough understanding of all facility services i.e. water, gas, electrical and how to isolate. Proven experience with diagnosing and repairing common faults relating to air conditioning, plumbing and electrical is essential. You will also liaise with contractors and assist them to access required areas or equipment.
You will maintain an inventory of equipment and ensure it is serviced in accordance with manufacturer recommendations. Along with relevant record keeping and administration, you will ensure all tasks are completed in a safe and timely manner, including all planned and programmed maintenance and gardening. You must be committed to learning and strive to continuously improve all maintenance operations at the facility.
Skills & Experience
- Previous experience in residential aged care, retirement living or community services environment is highly regarded
- Trade Qualification is desirable
- Ability to operate computer and printer applications at a basic level, including Outlook, Internet Explorer, Excel
- Must have a current National Police Check, First Aid Certificate, OCHRE card and NT Drivers’ License or a willingness to obtain prior to commencing
- Demonstrate excellent time management skills and the ability to operate independently and as a team member to meet job deadlines
- Willing to conduct a pre-employment medical
Benefits and perks
As ARRCS is a Not for Profit organisation, we have great benefits including;
- CBB Salary Packaging - Tax-free money to pay debts such as Rent & Mortgage
- 17.5% leave loading
- Wellness & Employee Support Services