Teachers - Geraldton
- Bring your teaching experience to these rewarding opportunities working with a multidisciplinary and supportive workplace.
- Enjoy an attractive remuneration circa $73,000 - $106,000 (dependent on your skills, qualifications and experience) plus super!
- Excellent support and ongoing professional development opportunities!
About EREA Flexi
Edmund Rice Education Australia Flexi Schools (EREA Flexi Schools) are a network of flexible learning centres that offer young people an opportunity to reconnect with education in a setting that is inclusive and flexible. With a focus on literacy, numeracy and project-based learning, all programming and learning activities are developed based on young people’s Individual Education Plans which are differentiated based on learning levels and what best supports them to re-engage.
Geraldton Flexible Learning Centre (GFLC) is a coeducational Catholic CARE school in the Edmund Rice tradition and part of the EREA Oscar Romero Flexi Schools Network. It has a clear commitment to social justice and stands in solidarity with young people of all social, cultural and religious backgrounds, with a particular sensitivity to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island culture. The school provides holistic learning experiences that address the complex needs of students and promotes their emotional, cognitive, spiritual, physical and educational development.
About the Opportunity
EREA Oscar Romero Flexi Schools Network now has two exciting and rewarding opportunity for full-time Teachers to join the Geraldton Flexible Learning Centre.
Due to the educational level of the students, candidates with an ability to focus on literacy and numeracy are preferred, however significant experience in Secondary schools where students are disengaged and disenfranchised will be highly regarded.
Reporting to the Head of Campus and the Network Principal, these roles will see you responsible for implementing teaching strategies that cater to the needs of secondary-aged students who have disengaged from mainstream education and may have Language, Literacy and Numeracy difficulties, encouraging a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Collaborating with teachers and youth workers to develop and implement individual learning plans for each young person that include literacy and numeracy development, wellbeing and indigenous cultural perspectives;
- Supporting young people to access support services such as counselling, health support and community activities;
- Working with the team to develop cultural links, community and family connections which support the engagement and connection of young people to both the FLC and the wider community;
- Collaborating with the team to support a socially inclusive program that responds to the physical, intellectual, social, spiritual and cultural needs of young people; and
- Participating in the daily routines and activities of the FLC, including morning meetings, lunch, bus pick-up and drop-offs, electives, outings and camps.
To view the full Job Description for Teachers at GFLC, please click here.
For further enquiries, contact Heather Brett - GFLC Head of Campus on 0419 300 372.
Please Note: Edmund Rice Education Australia is committed to ensuring the safety, wellbeing and dignity of all children and young people. All applicants will be subject to EREA and legislative screening procedures. These checks are consistent with EREA’s commitment to child protection policies and procedures.
To be considered for this position you must have:
- relevant tertiary qualifications in Teaching and be eligible for registration with the Teacher Registration Board of Western Australia.
- have at least 3 years’ experience in a diverse Primary or Secondary educational environment; and
- be eligible for a Working with Children Clearance.
You will have a demonstrated skills and knowledge in teaching process, frameworks and practice, as well as the ability to analyse complex situation and implement appropriate strategies to enhance the professional practice of teaching and non-teaching staff.
Although not essential, any specialist areas such as adventure-based learning, STEM teaching and/or special education would be looked upon favourably.
About the Benefits
In return for your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with an attractive remuneration circa $73,000 - $106,000 plus super, based on your experience and qualification level (in line with the Roman Catholic Archbishop of Perth Teachers Enterprise Bargaining Agreement 2015; Salary Schedule July 2020).
In addition, EREA Oscar Romero Flexi Schools Network also provides ongoing professional development opportunities.
Please Note: Applications close 9 February 2021. Please attach your curriculum vitae with your application, outlining relevant work history, including contact details of at least two relevant referees.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply. EREA GFLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Bring your creativity and passion for reuniting young people with educational opportunities to this rewarding career path - Apply Now!