Service Technician (Medical Equipment)
- Bring your technical skills and customer service focus to this varied role within the medical sector!
- Exciting time to join this established & reputable organisation as it continues to expand!
- Highly attractive base salary PLUS super, vehicle allowance, fuel card & more!
Since 1983, Mediquip has built a professional and reliable reputation of providing quality products and service throughout the healthcare industry. The organisation services clients within the healthcare, veterinary, simulation and dental sectors.
The team pride themselves on having developed and maintained Quality Assurance Standards and Practices, and believe this to be the basis of their success.
All Mediquip employees provide a high level of service and contribute to maintaining the company’s excellent reputation. Mediquip aims to ensure all employees feel pride in their work and enjoy a long and mutually satisfying career with the organisation.
For more information on Mediquip, visit their website here.
About the Opportunity
Due to ongoing growth, Mediquip now has an opportunity for a full-time Service Technician to join their QLD team.
You will be based out of the Brisbane office, however will service clients throughout Brisbane, including up to the Sunshine Coast area. The majority of your travel will consist of day trips, with occasional overnight stays required.
No two days are the same for this autonomous role as your responsibilities will include carrying out scheduled maintenance and breakdown servicing across a diverse range of medical equipment and a varied customer base. For example, one day you may be assisting with the installation of O.R lights in a hospital theatre, and the next you may be performing maintenance on IVF incubators for a fertility centre.
The scope of jobs will primarily be electro-mechanical related, however you may service gas or sterilisation equipment (autoclaves and washer disinfectors) on a regular basis also.
There is a high level of customer interaction/service required, as you will regularly liaise with a range of industry professionals.
This position may be well suited to a variety of trades backgrounds, as it is a diverse technical role. Training and support will be provided for clinical aspects, and as such, you do not need previous medical industry experience; Mediquip is looking for someone with a strong set of core skills (emphasis on fault finding and mechanical aptitude) and keenness to learn - if you can demonstrate this, they will teach you the rest!
What you will need however, is:
- The ability to work autonomously - you'll be able to execute your work independently and know when to seek the support available to assist you
- Strong organisational skills - you'll know how to schedule your planned maintenance work and structure your time effectively
- Initiative and ability to learn quickly - you'll be a fast-learner who is keen to expand upon your existing skills and knowledge base
- A cool and calm approach - you're not the type of person to get frazzled easily, and will bring an element of common sense when problem solving
- Customer service focus - you'll be a strong communicator, able to adapt your language to that of the customer, and eager to provide the highest level of service possible
Although not essential, possession of a Restricted Electrical License will be highly regarded.
About the Benefits
This is a fantastic opportunity to utilise your existing skills in a new and exciting way - take your career in a new direction within the specialised medical/healthcare space!
You'll be joining an established and reputable organisation during an exciting time of rapid growth, opening up ongoing opportunities within the organisation to develop and advance your career. This is a great opportunity to learn from experienced and skilled professionals, expanding upon your knowledge base.
In return for your hard work and dedication, you will receive a competitive base salary (in line with experience) plus super! On top of this, you will receive a vehicle allowance of $14,000 per annum, plus fuel card, toll cover, mobile phone, laptop, and PDA. After 5 years of service, 5 weeks of annual leave is also provided.
In addition, you'll benefit from a great working environment with an excellent company culture focused on hard work, trust, support, and of course, fun. It's no wonder staff turnover is so low, with the majority of employees enjoying careers of 10+ years with the business.
Ready for a new challenge? Consider a career with this thriving organisation - Apply Now!