Secondary Teacher - Visual Arts
- Are you a creative, engaging educator looking for a role with variety and opportunity?
- Rewarding opportunity for a newly qualified or experienced Teacher to join a well-established Christian College committed to creating sustainable careers for its staff
- Be rewarded with a competitive salary circa $65,000 - $97,000 (commensurate with experience and qualifications) plus super & holiday loading
- Enjoy a host of great benefits including relocation assistance, paid training/development opportunities & more
About Kingsley College
Located in Rockhampton, Kingsley College was established to educate and equip students to love and serve Christ and their world, with a deep sense of purpose. They believe that the Word of God is the foundation of true education, and the Lordship of Christ is paramount and evidenced in the atmosphere of the College.
For more information, please view their website here.
About the Opportunity
Kingsley College has a new opportunity for an experienced or recently qualified Visual Arts Teacher to join their team in Rockhampton, QLD.
This role will see you teaching classes of approximately 25 Secondary School students at a time, both on campus and as part of the College's distance education programs.
Reporting to the School Principal, your key responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Effectively organising your classes, and maintaining quality care and discipline of students;
- Maintaining a high standard of work amongst students;
- Evaluating and assessing each child’s progress, and reporting to parents verbally and in written form;
- Knowing, planning, programming and teaching the school’s curriculum at the appropriate standards for that class;
- Involving parents in the school program;
- Attending staff meetings, parent / teacher meetings, interviews, worship and staff devotions;
- Attending In-service Courses and Out of Hours School Functions as required by the College;
- Carrying out playground duties as rostered, and reporting areas of maintenance needs to the office; and
- Submitting classroom budgetary requests to the Principal when needed.
To be successful in this role, you will be a qualified Teacher who holds, or is eligible to obtain, registration to teach in Queensland. You will have the ability to implement the school’s Christian values and philosophy in the classroom and other aspects of College life, to foster faith and deliver positive educational outcomes for students.
You will be able to utilise a variety of teaching resources to plan interesting units of study, and be competent in the use of a range of technology within the classroom.
It's essential that you are comfortable serving students from a range of socio-economic and cultural backgrounds, high achievers and those with learning difficulties. You will be able to adapt your approach to the needs of each student, and be able to explain concepts in a way that they will understand.
Strong interpersonal skills will be crucial, including the ability to effectively communicate, motivate and inspire students, and to develop effective working relationships with parents, senior management and staff.
Importantly, Kingsley College is looking for someone who is committed to regular professional development and genuinely interested in making a positive impact on the students in their care.
An applicant's religious belief is a genuine requirement of this role.
About the Benefits
This is an incredible opportunity to join a school dedicated to creating sustainable careers and workplaces for Teachers. Kingsley College understands the pressures and expectations upon Teachers, and makes a concerted effort to streamline processes and ensure you have the ability to focus your efforts on what matters most - teaching and your students. You'll be joining a supportive team, including a passionate and dedicated Principal who has been at the school for 13 years.
In return for your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with an attractive base salary circa $65,000 - $97,000 plus super and holiday loading, commensurate with your experience and qualifications.
Relocation assistance will be available if required, and Rockhampton offers many benefits as an attractive Regional City: great shopping and sporting facilities, only an hour's flight to Brisbane, and affordable housing with a short commute to work. It is also surrounded by natural beauty, with Mt Archer National Park, Great Keppel Island, and the famous Capricorn Coast close by.
All teachers at Kingsley College enjoy 2 paid development weeks. With a strong focus on personal and professional growth, you will also enjoy ongoing opportunities for training and further education with all expenses paid by the College, in addition to a clear career pathway ensuring you have adequate opportunity to grow and progress.
Furthermore, due to the smaller size of the College, you will benefit from an agile and adaptive workplace where you'll be encouraged to introduce innovative curriculum strategy. You'll have a strong voice acting as the head of your area of teaching, playing a key role in the development and future direction of your area. You'll enjoy autonomy and the ability to identify and implement school-wide improvements.
Most importantly, this is a genuinely rewarding career making a difference in the lives of children and families, and helping to close the gap in Indigenous education. Kingsley College is committed to offering education to those who may not otherwise be able to afford it, with the aim of assisting young people to move into stable jobs and/or higher education. You will be part of a transformative movement within the community.
This is a rare opportunity to join an innovative college that's dedicated to supporting their staff as they continue to grow and develop their teaching careers - Apply Now.